MODify

a graphic designer's whims and woes

Thursday, January 18, 2007

:: there's some change in the weather? ::

How do you embrace changes? There are people who welcome changes like they do with long-lost friends: excited, quick nostalgia, wishing to see more of the friends, promised to write each other, keep in touch. And of course, there are people who are so used to certain things, and believe changes will disrupt the harmony of their lives. As for me, I'm a little bit in between. With every changes that come my way, I've mixed feeling. Excited and yet a bit upset, anxious but also deeply worried. The upcoming changes in my life kept me lying awake at night with overlapping thoughts. Silly, I know, as I already stated that it is, indeed, upcoming. They're not here yet, their arrival is not even confirmed yet. I really don't want to be happy on other people's expense. How can you be happy, knowing that absolutely no one is happy on your behalf? Is that the price I shall pay for chasing my own dream? How thin is the line between selfishness and self-worth? Changes should be welcome with an open mind and an open heart, only then you can genuinely be happy. How I hope those around me, who has been so negative with my upcoming changes, will open their mind and heart too. Wishful thinking, as always? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home